Friday, March 30, 2018

Animal Crossing Broke My Spirit Again

Seriously... as soon as I thought I was out, I get pulled back in for one last event. Now I'm a broken shell of a man, shaking down my "friends" for every last 'shroom I can get.




So two weeks ago, on March 10, I got sucked into the Mario fever and started playing the new event in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp:


I had pretty much been done with this glorious little time-sink since November, but now I'm pushing like crazy to craft as much Mario nonsense as I can. For that, I need mushrooms, and for THOSE I need to fulfill as many requests as I can.

In the beginning I used to actually read what the animals had to say, but forget about all that now; I have work to do. Tap-tap-tap-tap-tap until I get 'em all! I'm too stubborn (and cheap) to buy Leaf Tickets so the grind goes on. Tomorrow starts ROUND THREE.

Nintendo has been my jam for as long as I've been able to hold a controller, and I really want to like their mobile offerings, but it'as been tough. Mario Run is fun, but lacks some of the challenge and puzzle solving of the standard platformers. Pocket Camp is a great distillation of the standard AC formula, but it gets grindy FAST. Miitomo... ooh. Uh. Hmmm.

... and now that I'm done whining, time for some more mushroom collecting. Gotta craft that one-up 'shroom, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment